Lexi Rivera is an American social media star and former gymnast who has 4.2 million followers on Instagram and 2.5 million subscribers on her YouTube channel. She is the younger sister of popular YouTuber and Instagram star Brent Rivera. She is known for uploading stylish snaps on her Instagram profile, as well as doing various kinds of videos on YouTube, including pranks, challenges, tutorials, vlogs, and more. Apart from her own videos, she regularly appears on videos on her brother’s channel and that of her ‘crush’, Ben Azelart.
Top 20 Facts About Lexi Rivera
1. She was an elite gymnast
Lexi Rivera trained in gymnastics as a child and had become an elite level gymnast. She used to participate in competitions while she was in school and had secured the top spot during an inter-school competition. Even now, she often showcases her flexibility by taking yoga or fitness challenges, videos of which she uploads on her YouTube channel. She has mentioned that to stay fit, she not only follows a strict workout routine, but also dances regularly.
2. She is the youngest in a family of social media stars
Lexi Rivera is the youngest of four children of her parents, and has three older brothers, two of whom are social media stars. She followed Brent Rivera, who is the third child and is the most popular social media star in the family with 10.5 million YouTube subscribers and 16.7 million Instagram followers. Her second eldest brother Brice Rivera is an Instagram star who was also popular on Vine. Her eldest brother Blake Rivera is a successful hockey player who competed for a national championship with his Jr. Ducks hockey team.
3. Lexi Rivera rebooted her YouTube channel recently
When Lexi was a little girl, her brother Brent used to film her performances as an elite gymnast, videos of which he often uploaded on the channel he had created for her sister, titled ‘Lexiloulouu’. The channel was created back in August 2010, but became inactive after 2012. After gaining fame on Instagram, she revived her YouTube channel on July 1, 2018, by uploading her first video as a YouTuber, a Q&A video titled ‘Wait, Who’s My Favorite Brother?’ She has since then been very active on the platform and has earned over 2.5 million subscribers.
4. She had a fan base even before starting her social media career
Lexi Rivera began her own social media career in 2016, about three years after her older brother Brent had begun gaining social media fame. However, she had been appearing on her brother Brent’s videos for a long time and after her other brother Brice launched his social media career, she appeared on his videos as well. She has been very popular with her brother’s fans and even met with them during his meet-and-greets.
5. Early fame came with early embarrassment
At the age of twelve, Lexi Rivera had an embarrassing experience while attending a meet-and-greet of her older brother Brent with her family. She was asked to sign an autograph by a girl, and while doing so, she tried to get to know her with a friendly chat. However, she had gum in her mouth which fell on the notebook she was signing as she began conversing, which put her into an awkward situation. In hindsight, she feels more embarrassed that she quickly picked the gum up and put it right back into her mouth.
6. Lexi Rivera is a huge fan of Will Ferrell
Lexi Rivera is a diehard fan of American actor and comedian Will Ferrell and has watched almost every movie with him in it. While she loves all his movies, asked about her favorite movie, she named the 2007 sport comedy film ‘Blades of Glory’, starring Ferrell. It is understandable that as a gymnast herself she might have a special spot for the movie in which her favorite actor plays a figure skater.
7. Lexi Rivera has a ‘crush’ on Ben Azelart
Lexi’s social media is overflowing with pictures and videos of professional skateboarder Ben Azelart, whom she had met through her brother Brent. While fans have suspected for a long time that the two were dating, they kept denying it over and over, claiming to be just friends. Interestingly, they have recently started referring to each other as their ‘crush’. Moreover, one of Brent’s videos referred to Ben as his sister’s ‘boyfriend’.
8. Married for a day
On September 29, 2019, Lexi Rivera appeared on a video on Ben’s channel in which the two got married for a day. The video, titled ‘I Got Married To My ‘GIRLFRIEND”, started with Ben proposing to her and her accepting, following which he dressed up in a suit and gave her a wedding dress. They were subsequently married by an irritated Brent and then they had lunch at a local mall still dressed as bride and groom. They later did a wedding photoshoot, had a short honeymoon at the pool and also did ‘couple stuff’. Interestingly, in another video posted on her channel, they were handcuffed to each other for 24 hours.
9. Pregnant for a day
For another 24-hour challenge, Lexi Rivera strapped on a fake seven months pregnant belly to her body to simulate being pregnant. She tried to prank many people within friends and family circle, even though most did not buy her sudden transformation. She also had a maternity photoshoot, in which, unsurprisingly, Ben volunteered to pose as the father.
10. Her dream vacation came true recently
Lexi Rivera wanted to visit Japan for a long time and had been begging her parents for make the trip for more than two years. She finally travelled to Japan with her brothers and boyfriend Ben in November 2018 and posted a short vlog-type video sharing clips from different parts of her stay in there. Also, for the first time, she went to the roof of a building, the hotel she was staying at, which was apparently considered illegal by the authorities. Thailand is next on her list according to one of her YouTube videos.
11. Lexi Rivera is a budding actor
Lexi Rivera has acted in the YouTube series ‘Brobot’, which also starred her brother Brent and her boyfriend Ben. She played the central role of Max in the series which premiered on the Brat TV channel in April 2018 and had a total of 9 episodes. The story involves in her character navigating “a new town and a new crush with the help of some top-secret artificial intelligence”.
12. Lexi Rivera is multiracial by birth as her mother Laura Rivera is of Mexican origin. It is probably due to her mother’s influence that she has learnt to speak and write in Spanish.
13. She was born as Alexa Brooke Rivera on June 07, 2001 in Huntington Beach, California, United States.
14. In 2017, Lexi Rivera attended the premiere of the romantic drama film ‘Everything, Everything’.
15. Her favorite television show is ‘Happy Friday’.
16. Lexi Rivera previously went on a tour to Paris with her brother Brent and wants to visit the city again.
17. Lexi Rivera often featured on her brother’s videos on Vine when he had gained popularity on the platform back in 2013.
18. Lexi Rivera is continuously asked by fans which brother she loves most and she keeps repeating that she loves all of them equally.
19. She attended Huntington High School, from where she graduated in June 2019. She subsequently uploaded a ‘Last Day of School’ video on her YouTube channel.
20. Lexi Rivera was previously linked with popular vine star Hayes Grier. However, she has rubbished such rumors and has claimed to be just friends with him.